I am a Hindu now: A former Muslim’s life story

Madiha says: — June 25, 2010 @ 7:58 am

I was born into a very staunch Muslim family in the US. Learning to read the Quran the moment I could read. I was under the misconception that if I did not do as Allah told me to do, I would be punished severely. I was also told that if I didn’t wear modest clothes I was being immoral. Right from a little girl I wore the head scarf. My friends would ask me why, and I would tell them “because God said so’.

As I grew strictness of my family started to go out of hand as they started disciplining me in just about everything. Pointing out to me things that I should do and forced me to do whatever they wanted. I was allowed no freedom outside as well as within the house for the most stupid reasons. My father also refrained me from going out. I was not allowed to speak to the opposite sex but being stubborn, I did just that. When my father found out, about me talking to a guy, when I was 14, my grandmother scolded me and even called me a prostitute. I cried for hours, her words cutting me deep. Once My garandfather and grandmother went to meet our relative, that day I wore jeans and T-shirt and went out with the consent of my mother. I enjoyed with my school friends. When I came to home I saw my grandmother was at home and she was abusing and beating my mother for allowing me to go out without Hijab. My grandmother called me prostitute again and again.

I remember during Bakra eid (sheep slaughtering festival), my mother and myself used to confine into room and used to cry while my family used to celebrate and taking rejoice in killing innocent animals. My mother and myself were nothing but prisoner of our own house. I grew up seeing beating and abusing of my mother by my father and his family.

My majority of school friends were Non-muslims, I was very much comfortable with Hindus, Sikhs and Christians. When my grandmother got to know about this, my grandmother scolded me and my mom and told me that we are not allowed to be friends with kafirs. When I asked her why? she said Hindus are filthy, Jews and Christians are apes and pigs and they are not Humans, they follow satan. I was shocked.

Around the age of 14, I realized how much of life I was missing out on. How my father commanded that I do my prayers 5 times a day and never play any sports because they would only lead me to the devil. One night I was talking to my parents about college and my father said that I would never go to college because he had chosen a boy for me and I was about to get married to him as soon as I turned 18. I was shocked….my mother ran out of the room crying. I began to plead with my father to let me go to college. But he said no. When I asked him why, he told me that Muslim women are not supposed to be educated or go to work. They are supposed to be good wives, who never disagree with their husbands and be good honorable women. I couldn’t belive my ears. This man was still living in the dark-ages.

The next day after school I went to the mosque to talk with our Maulvi Sahab. When I told him about my father’s irrational behavior—he agreed with him. He told me that if all the Muslim men in our community thought like your father, we would be in a really good place right now.

I was stuck and didn’t know what to do. I kept thinking about it till late that night. At around 2am my mom came to check up on me and found me crying. That night I came to know what a sick religion Islam was. She told me that she had been a well educated (Doctor) Hindu woman who had fallen in love with my father in India. During their courtship my father had told her that he was very broad-minded and did not want her to convert when they got married. Against my grand-parent’s wishes she married him and did the Nikaah just so her mother-in-law would like her. Thats where her nightmare began. Her In-laws would not let her go out of the house. No one could come and visit her. She was confined in a home where everyone would spit on her for being a ‘Kafir’. They made her read the Quran and do Namaz. If she didn’t they would beat her. My father would come home and force himself on her. When she would ask him not to, he would tell her that it was written in the Quran, and she was nothing more than a slave to him. After about a year of their marriage, they left for the US. My mom was already pregnant with me.

When I was born he was not too happy with my Mom. He said that if he had married someone of his own faith he would have had a boy for sure. Giving him a girl was the way Allah was punishing him for marrying a Hindu.

When I heard all this I began to hate my father and Islam. I promised to get my mom out of this situation and also never ever end up like her. When I turned 18, along with the help of a lawyer, I managed to get my mom and dad divorced. My mom actually went back to school and has a flourishing practice now.

As for me, you might say that I reverted. I am a practising and loving Hindu now. I have changed my name (new name is not given with the fear of punishment of death for apostasy). I live a life full of love and adoration for a God who does not preach hate, who encourages me to think and gain knowledge, who shows me the way without fear and who loves everyone no matter who they are.

At the age of 23 I got married to my Hindu boy friend and now we have one beautiful daughter. My loving hubby is a great guy, he gave me complete freedom and my rights which my father and his family never gave me. My hubby’s family treat me like their own daughter, and even treat my mom as a part of our family. I thank God for all these.

Unsolicitated posting by – Madiha

Madiha’s other comments: Hell, I have gained, Muhammad & my Cat, Want to marry a Muslim?, Rape, Excellent Muslim Husband, What Islam wants?, A typical Muslim

Also read: Nirmla, Vikas, Dee, Roma, Kareena, Islamic Women Today, Hindu-Muslim marriages, Hindu girl, Muslim girl, Hindu boy, Muslim boy,

Be a friend on Facebook. Return to InterfaithShaadi.org. To share your experience, read.

289 Responses to “I am a Hindu now: A former Muslim’s life story”

1. faith ! says:

hi,
    dear “CONVERTED HINDU”!

I am a Muslim girl, in love with a Hindu boy and while surfing the net i came across your article. at first i was very much excited as your story i.e, your love story resembles mine but when i read your complete story, i felt that , it’s a made up story and completely fictitious one !
    Islam starts with education, i mean to say “Quran Sharif” starts with “IQRA -bi-ismi-rabbuka” which in a nut shell means—– STUDY ! so no Muslim could ever say that, what you have quoted ?” as your father has told you….?” the moment i read your statement : even the Moulvi priest? i understood that THIS STORY, WHICH YOU HAVE WRITTEN IS A LIE, A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO MALIGN THE ISLAMIC RELIGION. A “kafir” doesn’t necessarily means a Hindu or a non follower of ISLAM but a person who leads you to evil and takes you away from ALMIGHTY, with deception ! and you are doing the same…..you are a “KAFIR” and nothing more !

DON’T DO IT AGAIN, ASK FORGIVENESS !

• sachin bhat says:

what r u saying ur gingg challenge to quran say me the name of one women who is said to be equal to ur profits why ever profit came in the form of man and not in the form of a women and leave this if u say women is given equal rights to men then say me the name of one book that has been written by any women in muslim religion and is considered as an important book to read for muslim,if u can show me i aacept that u say right that girls r given equal right to in islam as comparied to men.

2. Jannat says:

This has got to be the most ridiculous story I ever heard….it doesn’t make sense nor is it coherent making me think that it was merely posted as religious propaganda against Islam. Rather than converting to Hinduism you should’ve actually educated yourself about Islam and then you should’ve found out the true way of living your life.

• faith ! says:

JANNAT, i totally agree with you and ask you and all, whoever is reading this article, not to believe what it says, coz, it’s a deliberate attempt to malign this religion (ISLAM).

3. Munir says:

we bowdown to one Allah & take Islam as promise after death

4. DR.SURAYA says:

DEAR SISTER
    I AM SORRY IF IT HAPPEN TO U BUT REMEMBER ISLAM NOT SAYS LIKE THAT
    I AM IN SAUDI ARABIA.MY SON NEEDS EYE SURGERY.INSIDE O.R I FIND GREAT
    SURGEON WOMEN NAME DR.ILHAM ANESTHESIA DOCTOR WAS DR.REHAB NURSE ASST.
    AMAL AND SOME FEMALE STAFF FROM INDIA. I WAS AFRAID ALL SAUDI WOMEN DOCTORS WILL OPERATE MY SON WHAT WILL HAPPEN MY SON WAS ONE YEAR OLD
    BUT SUBHAN ALLAH BY THE GREATNESS OF ALMIGHTY HE IS NOW 15 YEARS OLD
    AND DOING ALL WELL.MAY YOUR FAMILY WAS NOT LITERATE ENOUGH

5. Well Wisher says:

Right decision!!!

6. salma says:

i think u hv lack of knowledge i m a muslim girl n i m doing my MBBS no one restricts me n i m doing within islamic rule i pray 5 times n read Quran

7. Rohit says:

AUr yeh ZINDABAD ki bakwaas band karo .. Koi aur zindabaad kahe toh matlab bhi hai .. converted people shut ur mouth and convice others to say Zindabad Islam , dont say urself and don’t force indeed convince because force u know how much other people also have. ISLAM TRUELY PROVES “LITTLE KNOWLEDGE ID DANGEROUS”. GO AND GET EDUCATED AND ATLEAST ENTER MEDIVAL PERIOD AND COME OUT OF STONE AGE. YOU ARE 1000 YEARS BEHIND REST OF THE WORLD.

8. Yogi says:

Yaar Islam has come out of Hinduism. Prophet attacked back and with power took kabba which was a hindu temple. He was just full of revenge and hatred as u all followers of him are. U keep on reading about Quran. Idiotd read anout Hindu scriptures. U ll never bcoz that is said something like Kafir in ur Quran. Quran itself is contained in Hindu scriptures. Come out of small river and enter Sea although u feel ur river is deep but it in the end mixes with Sea thats Hinduism. Dont count ur conversion numbers coz u r also the ones who are converted so please dont argue , you can’t be made to learn anything who themselves have a weak history of conversion. READ ABOUT HINDUISM , U WILL FORGET ISLAM COZ IT ID CONTAINED IN HINDU SCRIPTURES.

9. Right Advice says:

Very Well done!
    For your mother and for yourself, I have my best wishes.
    Wishes of freedom of being a woman and doing what you want to do in life.
    You will never ever be controlled by a man again

10. TEHMINA says:

dear…i was shocked ot listen what u hav suffered n what u did in order to have good life….i m agreed to what u suffered was wrong ..but for this i blame ur father who had not taught u true islam..but at the age of 18 u must urself would hv find more about islam…plz still now i want u to understand the true islam..because islam aasaniya paida karne wala mazhab hai …na ke mushkiley khadi karne wala…U MUST KNOW TRUE ISLAM…

11. Ahle sunnat wal jaamt jindabaad says:

“ISLAM” JINDABAAD….

From Dharmic religions

From Buddhism
    The Barmakid family – originally the guardians of the great Buddhist shrine near Balkh, upon conversion they became “the greatest family” in the early Abbasid caliphate.[198]
    Daniel Moore – poet[199]
    Donei Kalaminjaa – king of the Maldives.[200]
    Korguz – was an Uyghur governor of Khorasan[201] during the reign of the Mongol ruler Ogedei Khan.[202]
    Mahmud Ghazan – seventh ruler of the Ilkhanate.[203]
    Muhammad Khodabandeh – eighth Ilkhaid dynasty ruler in Iran from 1304 to 1316.[204]
    Mubarak Shah – head of the ulus of the Chagatai Khanate (1252–1260, March–September 1266).[205]
    Tarmashirin – Khan of the Chagatai Khanate following Duwa Timur.[206]
    Hussein Ye – An Islamic scholar of Chinese descent whose lectures are frequently aired on Peace TV.[207]
    From Hinduism
    Abdul Wahid Pedersen – Danish cleric.[208]
    A.R. Rahman (stands for Allah Rakha Rahman) – Modern Tamil South Indian singer, songwriter & Oscar winner officially converted to Islam from Hinduism.[209]
    Dhiren Barot – Born in India to a Hindu family, Barot was later sentenced to 40 years in prison in the United Kingdom for conspiracy to murder. Barot admitted to plotting to bomb the New York Stock Exchange, the International Monetary Fund headquarters, and the World Bank, amongst other targets.
    Jalaluddin Muhammad Shah – son of Raja Ganesha; he converted to Islam, then to Hinduism and finally reverted back to Islam, and later introduced Islam to many Hindus.[210]
    Kabir Suman- Modern Bengali singer & songwriter officially converted to Islam from Hinduism in 2000.[211]
    Kamala Suraiyya (formerly Kamala Das) – Anglo-Malayalam writer[212]
    Khusro Khan – a medieval Indian military leader who was a Hindu convert to Islam.
    Mahmud Iskandar Shah of Malacca – Born as Parameswara, a Hindu-Malay prince from the Srivijaya Kingdom located in Sumatra. He founded the Malaccan Empire in 1402.
    Malik Kafur – Indian military general.[213]
    Malik Maqbul – Prime Minister or Wazir of the Delhi Sultanate,[214] during the reign of Feroz Shah Tughlaq.
    Murshid Quli Khan – the Mughal governor of Bengal.[215]
    Muhammed Yusuf Khan – Born Maruthanayagam Pillai, he converted to Islam[216] and later served as Commandant for the British East India Company troops.
    Sahaj Ram Sapru – the grandfather of the Muslim Philosopher, Sir Dr. Muhammad Iqbal, who was an official in Kashmir during the administration of the Afghan Governor Azim Khan.[217]
    Sharmila Tagore – Indian film actress. Converted after marriage to M A Patudi.
    Steven Vikash Chand – Arrested in the 2006 Toronto terrorism arrests[218]
    Tansen – Notable musician and poet.[219][220]

From agnosticism or atheism
    Charles le Gai Eaton – British writer.
    Martin Lings – a widely acclaimed British scholar. He was raised as a Protestant, became an atheist, and later converted to Islam.[221]
    Mos Def – American rapper and actor. Initially raised as a Christian, became an atheist, and later converted to Islam[222]
    Zhang Chengzhi – contemporary Hui Chinese author; raised as an atheist.[223]
    [edit]From Paganism
    See also: List of Sahaba
    Baraq – a ruler of the Chagatai Khanate who took the name Ghiyas-ud-din after converting.[224]
    Berke – grandson of Genghis Khan and leader of the Golden Horde who was the first Mongol ruler to establish Islam in a Mongol state.[225]
    David Myatt – from Paganism, former Neo-Nazi-activist[226]
    Nawrūz (Mongol emir) – a convert to Islam;[227] he played an important role in the politics of the Mongol Ilkhanate.
    Negudar – Mongol general and noyan[228]
    Nogai Khan – Mongol general and great-grandson of Genghis Khan.[229]
    Samori Ture – founder of the Wassoulou Empire who resisted French rule in West Africa.[230][231]
    Sultan Satuq Bughra Khan – 9th century Uyghur ruler who was one of the first Turks to convert to Islam.[232]
    Tuda Mengu – Mongol leader of the Golden Horde[233]
    Tughlugh Timur – the Khan of Moghulistan.[234]

From Sabianism
    Hilal al-Sabi – a historian, bureaucrat, and writer of Arabic.[235]
    Sinan ibn Thabit – a physician and son of Thābit ibn Qurra.[236]
    [edit]From Zoroastrianism
    Abdullah Ibn al-Muqaffa – author and translator of Kalīla wa Dimna from Middle Persian.[237]
    Abu’l Hasan Mihyar al-Daylami – a Persian poet from Daylam.[238][239]
    Abu-Lu’lu’ah Al-Nahawndi – a Persian who assassinated Umar al-Khattab.[240]
    Abu-Mansur Daqiqi – a Persian poet.[241]
    Fadl ibn Sahl – Persian vizier of the Abassid era.[242]
    Naubakht – Pahlavi translator of the Abassid court.[243]
    Rattanbai Petit – second wife of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan
    Saman Khuda – founder of the Samanid dynasty, one of the first native Persian dynasties in the Middle East and Central Asia after the collapse of the Sassanids.[244]
    [edit]Undetermined former religion
    Abd al Malik – birth name Régis Fayette-Mikano — French rapper of Congolese origins.[245]
    Abd al Haqq Kielan – Swedish cleric.[246]
    Abdallah Schleifer – prominent Middle East expert, former NBC Cairo Bureau chief, and a professor of TV journalism at the American University in Cairo who converted to Sufi Islam.[247][248]
    Abdul Alim Musa – Muslim activist and director of Masjid Al-Islam in Washington, D.C.[249]
    Abdul Waheed (Don Stewart-Whyte) – accused of participating in the 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot.[250][251]
    Abdullah Ibrahim – South African Jazz musician.[252]
    Ahmad Jamal – Jazz pianist.[253]
    Ahmed el Inglizi – was an English architect and engineer who worked for the Sultan of Morocco Mohammed ben Abdallah in the 18th century and converted to Islam.[254]
    Ajdin Muzaka – was the commander in the Battle of Torvioll.
    Ali Shaheed Muhammad – member of A Tribe Called Quest.[255]
    Alys Faiz – human rights and peace activist;[256] converted at the time of her marriage to Urdu poet Faiz Ahmed Faiz.[257]
    Amir Butler- author, engineer and Islamic activist.[258]
    Anthony Mundine – Australian Boxer, Former 2 time Super Middleweight Champion.[259]
    Antoni Aleksander Iliński – a Polish-Ottoman military officer and general.
    Apisai Tora – Fijian politician.[260]
    B
    Batool Al-Toma – Irishwoman who is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Forum Against Islamophobia and Racism.
    B.G. Knocc Out – American west coast rapper.[261]
    Begum Om Habibeh Aga Khan – born Yvette Blanche Labrousse, Miss France 1930, wife of Aga Khan III.[262]
    Bob Denard – French mercenary.[263]
    Brandon Mayfield – American attorney-at-law who was erroneously linked to the 2004 Madrid train bombings.[264]
    Busta Rhymes – American rapper, songwriter and actor
    C
    Charles Brooks, Jr. – an American criminal who converted while serving a sentence for murder; first person to be executed by lethal injection in the United States.[265]
    Ilich Ramírez Sánchez – aka “Carlos the Jackal”, convicted murderer and terrorist, currently in prison in France.[266]
    Celestino Caballero – Boxer and former Super Bantamweight Champion.[267]
    Charles John Pelham (Abdul Mateen)- 8th Earl of Yarborough.[268]
    Christian Ganczarski- Head of “al Qaeda in Europe”.[269]
    Christopher de Bellaigue – British journalist and author
    Christopher Paul (aka Paul Kenyatta Laws aka Abdulmalek Kenyatta) – American citizen, alleged member of al-Qaeda.[270][271]
    Colleen LaRose – alleged intended assassin of Danish cartoonist Lars Vilks.[272]
    Craig Hodges – former NBA player.[273]
    D
    David Hicks – convicted Australian terrorist.[274]
    Derrick Shareef- charged in a plot to set off four hand grenades in garbage cans 22 December at the CherryVale Mall in Rockford, Illinois during the Christmas rush.[275]
    Divine Styler – American hip-hop musician.[276]
    Dwight Muhammad Qawi – Former boxing world Light Heavyweight and Cruiserweight champion.[277]
    E
    Edoardo Agnelli – eldest son of Gianni Agnelli, the industrialist patriarch of Fiat.
    Lady Evelyn Cobbold – Scottish noblewoman.[278]
    Everlast – Irish-American rapper and singer-songwriter.[279]
    F
    Frithjof Schuon – Swiss-German metaphysician, poet, painter, philosopher and leading figure of the perennialist school.[280]
    G
    Gary Legenhausen – American philosopher and writer.[281]
    Ghostface Killah – member of the Wu-Tang Clan.[282]
    Gigi Gryce – American saxophonist, flutist, clarinetist, composer, arranger, and educator.[283]
    Gustave-Henri Jossot – French caricaturist, illustrator and Orientalist painter.[284]
    H
    Hasan Akbar (born Mark Fidel Kools) – American sentenced to death for the murder of two fellow soldiers during the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq.[285]
    H. Rap Brown – civil rights activisit.[286]
    I
    Ibrahim Hooper (Douglas Hooper) – Islamic activist, spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).[287]
    Ibrahim Savant – one of the suspects arrested in the UK in connection to the 2006 transatlantic aircraft terrorist plot in the United Kingdom.[288]
    Idris Muhammad – American jazz musician.[289]
    Iliaş Colceag – Moldavian military commander in the Ottoman and Russian Empire.
    Isabelle Eberhardt – explorer and writer.[290]
    J
    Jack Roche – convicted of involvement in an al-Qaeda plot to blow up the Israeli embassy in Canberra.[291]
    Jadel Gregório – a Brazilian athlete.
    James Achilles Kirkpatrick – was the British Resident in Hyderabad.[292]
    Jan Janszoon – Dutch pirate.[293]
    Jason Walters – Dutch member of the Hofstad Network, convicted on charges of terrorism.[294]
    Jeff Fort – former Chicago gang leader, co-founder of the Black P. Stones gang, and founder of its El Rukn faction. He was convicted in 1987 of conspiring with Libya to perform acts of domestic terrorism.[295][296]
    Jeffrey Mark Deskovic – served 15-year wrongful imprisonment sentence.[297]
    Jemima Goldsmith daughter of the billionaire Sir James, who was married to Imran Khan
    Jesse of Kakheti – a ruler of Kakheti in eastern Georgia from 1614 to 1615.
    John Allen Muhammad – convicted serial killer, known as the Beltway Sniper.[298][299]
    John Ward – (changed name to Yusuf Reis) British corsair and pirate.[300]
    Johann von Leers – advisor to Muhammad Naguib known for his anti-Semitic polemics.[301][302][303]
    José Padilla – the respondent in Rumsfeld v. Padilla currently on trial as an alleged al-Qaida operative, converted while in prison for aggravated assault.[304]
    Juan Carlos Gomez – Former Cruiserweight Boxing Champion.[305]
    K
    Kérim Chatty- Swedish bodybuilding stuntman who was once suspected of attempted hijacking. The preliminary inquiry was dropped.[306]
    Khaled Edward Blair – British barrister, later married Princess Badiya bint Al Hassan of Jordan.[307]
    Khalid Sheldrake – an English pickle manufacturer who established a branch of the Western Islamic Association in South Shields in 1930.
    L
    Larry Johnson – retired American professional basketball player.[308]
    Lauren Booth – a British[309] broadcaster, journalist and human rights activist.[310][311]
    Li Nu – a Chinese scholar in the Ming dynasty who visited Persia, converted to Islam, married a Persian or an Arab girl and brought her back to Quanzhou in Fujian.[312][313][314]
    Lim Yew Hock – Singapore’s second Chief Minister from 1956 to 1959.[315]
    Lewis Arquette – actor and father of actors David Arquette and Rosanna Arquette; father-in-law of actress Courtney Cox.[316]
    M
    MC Ren – American rapper and hip-hop producer.[317]
    Malcolm X – American to Nation of Islam to Sunni Islam, African-American civil rights leader.[318]
    Malik ul Salih – established the first Muslim state of Samudera Pasai.[319]
    Maryam Jameelah – formerly Margret Marcus. Author of many books covering several subjects, including Modernism, Sociology, History, Jihad, Theology and Technology.[320]
    Maurice Béjart – French choreographer.[321]
    Mike Tyson (Malik Abdul Aziz) – former heavyweight boxing champion of the world.[322][323]
    Mohammed Knut Bernström – Swedish ambassador.[324]
    Michael Wolfe – American poet, author, and the President and Executive Producer of Unity Productions Foundation.[325][326]
    Michael X – civil rights activist in the United Kingdom[327]
    N
    Nahshid Sulaiman – alternative hip hop artist.[328]
    Nur al-Anwar al-Jerrahi (born Lex Hixon) – syncretist, Sufi convert, and co-founder of the Nur Ashki Jerrahi Sufi Order in the United States.[329]
    O
    Omar Ong Yoke Lin – (1917–2010) Malaysian politician, former government minister and founder of the Malaysian Chinese Association.[330]
    Baron omar Rolf von Ehrenfels – Austrian anthropologist and orientalist.[331]
    Omar Epps – American actor, singer, songwriter, and record producer.
    P
    Philippe Fragione – French rapper and producer of French hip hop.[332]
    Philippe Grenier – (1865–1944) French doctor, first Muslim MP in France.[333]
    Q
    Q-Tip – North American hip-hop emcee, actor, and hip hop producer who was the leader of the critically acclaimed group A Tribe Called Quest.[334]
    R
    Rakan Ben Williams – suspected member of Al-Qaeda terrorist.[335]
    Robert “Kool” Bell – musician.[336]
    Robert D. Crane – former Presidential advisor and ambassador.[337]
    Rodrigo de Triana – sailor and the first European since the Vikings known to have seen America who converted to Islam from Judaism[338] or Christianity.[339]
    Ronald Bell – musician.[340]
    Rory McLeod – British snooker player.
    S
    Sahib Shihab – American jazz saxophonist and flautist.[341]
    Saida Miller Khalifa – British author who was originally called Sonya Miller.[342][343]
    Shaheed Akbar – notable rapper who converted to Islam.[344]
    Stephen Schwartz – American journalist, columnist, and author.[345]
    Susanne Osthoff – German archaeologist who had worked in Iraq since 1991 and had been taken captive there for three weeks.[346]
    T
    Thomas J. Abercrombie -Famous photographer and writer for National Geographic Magazine http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/06/AR2006040602187.html
    Tiara Jacquelina – Malaysian actress.[347]
    Titus Burckhardt – Swiss writer and scholar.[348]
    Tony Hussein Hinde – an Australian-born Maldivian surfer and surfing pioneer who converted to Islam.[349]
    U
    Umar Islam – one of the suspects arrested in the UK in connection to the 2006 transatlantic aircraft terrorist plot in the United Kingdom.[288]
    Uri Davis – an academic and activist who works on civil rights in Israel, Palestinian National Authority and the Middle East.[350]
    V
    Vladimir Khodov – leader of the Beslan school hostage crisis- converted in prison.[351]
    Vernel Fournier – jazz drummer.
    W
    Walt Hazzard – former NBA player.[352]
    Y
    Yusef Lateef – American Jazz musician.[353]
    Z
    Zachary Adam Chesser – American Muslim convert to Sunni Islam. Sentenced to 25 years in a federal prison on February 24, 2011.[354]

12. Ahle sunnat wal jaamt jindabaad says:

List of converts to Islam
    A
    Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar (Sharmon Shah) – former NFL player[3]
    Abdullah Beg of Kartli – Georgian convert to Islam[4] who was a claimant to the kingship of Kartli.
    Abel Xavier – former Portuguese professional footballer converted to Islam with his new name Faisal.[5]
    Abu Tammam – 9th century Arab poet born to Christian parents.[6]
    Abu Usamah – American-born Imam of Green Lane Masjid in Birmingham, UK.Accused of preaching messages of hate towards non-Muslims in a UK Television documentary.[7]
    Adam Gadahn (born Adam Pearlman) – al-Qaeda English language spokesman. Home-schooled Christian.[8]
    Adam Neuser – a German Lutheran pastor who criticized the doctrine of the trinity and was consequently imprisoned.[9]
    Ahmad Faris Shidyaq – a Lebanese scholar, writer and journalist who was a Maronite convert to Islam.[10]
    Ahmad Rashād – Emmy award-winning sportscaster (mostly with NBC Sports) and former American football wide receiver.[11][12]
    Ahmed Santos – Filipino, fugitive, founder of the Rajah Solaiman Movement converted from Catholicism[13][14][15]
    Ahmad Thomson – British barrister and writer and also a member of the Murabitun movement.[16]
    Akhenaton – French rapper and producer of French hip hop.[17]
    Allahverdi Khan – general and statesman of Georgian origin who was Christian and converted to Islam.[18]
    Alexander Litvinenko – former FSB officer converted to Islam on his deathbed.[19][20]
    Alexander Russell Webb – Former Presbyterian.[21] American journalist, newspaper owner, and former Consul-General of the U.S.A. in the Philippines.[22][23]
    Aminah Assilmi – Formerly a Southern Baptist preacher, she converted to Islam in 1977 in college while trying to convert some Muslims to Christianity.
    André Carson – former Baptist,[24] second Muslim to serve the United States Congress.[25]
    Anselm Turmeda – a Majorcan writer and a Franciscan friar who converted to Islam[26]
    Art Blakey – American Jazz musician[27]
    Aukai Collins – fought in Chechnya, paid FBI informant, author of an autobiographical book[28]
    Anthony Small – professional boxer[29]
    Sir Archibald Hamilton, 5th Baronet – a distinguished British convert to Islam.[30][31][32]
    B
    Badr al-Din Lu’lu’, an Armenian convert to Islam[33] and successor to the Zangid rulers of Mosul.
    Benjamin Chavis – controversial former head of the NAACP; joined the Nation of Islam.
    Bernard Hopkins – American boxer[34]
    Betty Shabazz – wife of Malcolm X; former Methodist.[35]
    Bilal Philips – Islamic scholar and author[36]
    Bruno Metsu – French coach of the Senegal team at the 2002 FIFA World Cup[37]
    Bryant Neal Vinas – participated in and supported al-Qaeda plots in Afghanistan and the U.S., and helped al-Qaeda plan a bomb attack on the LIRR[38]
    C
    Cat Stevens – famous English musician, officially changed his name to Yusuf Islam
    Colleen LaRose – American citizen charged with terrorism-related crimes
    Chris Eubank – British boxer[39]
    Christian Gonzalez – Indonesian-Uruguay footballer. He changed his name become Mustafa Habibi Gonzalez
    Claude Alexandre de Bonneval or Humbaracı Ahmet Paşa is 18th century French nobleman.[40]
    Count Cassius- Visigothic aristocrat who founded the Banu Qasi dynasty of Muladi rulers.[41]
    D
    Daniel Maldonado – American Islamist convicted in the United States on charges of training with al-Qaida in East Africa. Raised Catholic.[42]
    Danilo Fernando – Brazilian Footballer. He changed his name become Muhammad Danilo Fernando
    Danny Thompson – English double bass player converted from Catholicism.[43]
    Danny Williams – British boxer[44]
    David Belfield – American, fled to Iran after assassinating Ali Akbar Tabatabai, an Iranian dissident.[45]
    Dave Chappelle – comedian and television star[46]
    Dawud Wharnsby-Ali (David Wharnsby) – Canadian singer/poet.[47][48]
    E
    Elsa Kazi – German writer of one-act plays, short stories, novels and history, and one of the greatest poets of her time.
    Erekle I of Kakheti – Georgian convert to Islam[49] who ruled the kingdoms of Kakheti and Kartli.
    Éric Abidal (changed his name to Bilal) – French football player, currently playing for FC Barcelona, converted to Islam after marriage.[50]
    Everlast – Rapper from the Irish-American hip-hop group House of Pain, converted from Catholicism.[51]
    F
    Farqad as-Sabakhi – an Armenian Islamic preacher who was formerly a Christian[52] known for his knowledge of Judeo-Christian scriptures.[53]
    Franck Ribéry- a French football player. His name after he converted to Islam is Tarek.[54]
    Firouz – an Armenian Christian convert to Islam[55] who served as a spy for Bohemund during the Siege of Antioch.[56]
    G
    Gabriele Torsello – Italian freelance photojournalist based in London who was abducted in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.[57]
    Gauhar Jaan-British-Indian Singer.[58]
    George XI of Kartli – Saffavid commander.[59]
    Germaine Lindsay – one of the suicide terrorists in the 7 July 2005 London bombings[30][60][61] in which 52 people were murdered.
    H
    Hamza Yusuf – American convert from Greek Orthodox to Sunni Islam; co-founder of the Zaytuna College.[62]
    Hedley Churchward – English painter[63]
    Hersekzade Ahmed Pasha – born to a Christian Croatian[64] family, he was an Ottoman general and statesman from Hercegovina.
    I
    Ian Dallas – Abdalqadir as-Sufi — Sufi shaykh of Scottish origins.[65]
    Ibn Jazla – an 11th century physician and Christian convert to Islam who later wrote to refute doctrines of Christianity.[66]
    Ibrahim Bey – an Egyptian Mamluk of Georgian Christian origins.
    Ibrahim Muteferrika (original name not known) – From Unitarian Christianity, an early example of a Muslim publisher and printer.[67]
    Idi Amin – military leader and President of Uganda from 1971 to 1979. converted from Roman Catholicism to Islam.[68]
    Ilie II Rareş – prince of Moldavia.[69]
    Ingrid Mattson – Canadian scholar and current president of the Islamic Society of North America (2006) who converted from Catholicism.[70]
    Isabelle Eberhardt – from Lutheran Christianity, 19th century explorer & writer[71]
    Ismael Urbain – French journalist and interpreter.
    Ivan Aguéli (Johan Agelii) – famous Swedish painter.[72][73]
    Iyasu V – Ethiopian emperor.[74]
    J
    C. Jack Ellis – Mayor of Macon, Georgia[75]
    Jacques-Francois Menou – French general under Napoleon I of France.[76]
    James Yee – previously Lutheran[77] and former U.S. Army Muslim chaplain.[78]
    Jermaine Jackson (Muhammad Abdul Aziz) – Michael Jackson’s elder brother & one of the original former members of The Jackson 5.[79]
    Jerôme Courtailler – one of two French brothers convicted by French authorities in 2004 for abetting terrorists[30][80][81]
    Joe Tex – soul singer and recording artist.[82]
    Joel Hayward, British scholar, author and poet.[83]
    Johann Ludwig Burckhardt was a Swiss traveller and orientalist.[citation needed]
    St. John Philby – Arabist, explorer, writer, and British colonial office intelligence operative; converted from Anglicanism.[84]
    John Walker Lindh – an American insuegent, known as the “American Taliban”, who converted from Catholicism[85][86]
    John Whitehead – an American singer, songwriter, and record producer.[87]
    John Nelson – first recorded Englishman to become a Muslim.[88]
    Joseph Thomas – Australian convert, acquitted of terrorism charges, placed under a control order under the Australian Anti-Terrorism Act 2005, currently pending retrial.[89][90]
    Judar Pasha – conqueror of the Songhai Empire.[91]
    K
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Lew Alcindor) – retired basketball player & the NBA’s all-time leading scorer.[92] He initially converted from Christianity to The Nation of Islam to mainstream Sunni Islam.
    Keith Ellison – American, Representative from Minnesota’s 5th congressional district, first Muslim to be elected to the United States Congress, converted from Catholicism[93]
    Kevin Barrett – university lecturer and member of Scholars for 9/11 Truth.[94]
    Khalid Yasin – Executive Director of the Islamic Teaching Institute, and a Shaykh currently residing in Australia.[95]
    Knud Holmboe – Danish journalist and explorer who converted from Catholicism.[96]
    Koca Yusuf Pasha – a Georgian Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire who also served as the governor of Peloponnese.[97]
    Köse Mihal – a Byzantine renegade, he accompanied Osman al-Ghazi in his ascent to power and converted to Islam.[98][99]
    L
    Dolores “LaLa” Brooks – American musician.[100]
    Leo of Tripoli – a Byzantine Greek renegade who freed 4000 Muslim prisoners while attacking the Byzantine city of Thessalonica.[101]
    Loon – American hip hop and rap artist[102]
    M
    Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf (Chris Jackson) – retired basketball player[103]
    Malcolm X – was a leading African-American Muslim minister, public speaker, and human rights activist. He converted from Christianity to The Nation of Islam and later to mainstream Sunni Islam.
    Marcio Souza Da Silva – Brazilian Footballer
    Markus Horison – Indonesian Goalkeeper. He changed his name become Muhammad Markus Haris Maulana
    Marmaduke Pickthall – famous translator of the Quran.[104]
    Mario Scialoja – Italian ambassador and President of the World Muslim League.[105]
    Matthew Saad Muhammad (formerly Matthew Franklin) – former boxer, converted from Catholicism.[106]
    Michael Muhammad Knight – American novelist, writer, and journalist.[107]
    Mike Tyson – American boxer and Sunni Muslim[108]
    Mihnea Turcitul – was a Prince (Voivode) of Walachia. Converted from Eastern Orthodox Christianity.[109]
    Mirza Malkam Khan – an Iranian Armenian proponent of Freemasonry who was active during the period leading up to the Iranian Constitutional Revolution.[110]
    Mleh, Prince of Armenia – an Armenian convert to Islam from Catholicism,[111] he was the eighth lord of Armenian Cilicia.
    Mohammad Yousuf – Pakistani cricketer. Known for holding the world record for the most Test runs in a single calendar year, converted from Catholicism.[112]
    Mohammed Knut Bernström – Swedish ambassador to Venezuela (1963–1969), Spain (1973–1976) and Morocco (1976–1983)[113]
    Mohammed Zakariya – an American master of Arabic calligraphy, best known for his work on the popular Eid U.S. postage stamp.[114]
    Moralı Enişte Hasan Pasha – Greek Ottoman Grand Vizier.[115]
    Muhammad Abd-al-Rahman Barker (Philip Barker) – professor of Urdu, former chair of the University of Minnesota’s Department of South Asian studies and creator of the Tékumel fantasy world.[116]
    Muhammad Ali (formerly Cassius Clay), from Baptist[117][118] to The Nation of Islam to Sunni Islam.[119] Famous boxer.
    Muhammed al-Ahari born January 6, 1965 as Ray Allen Rudder is an American essayist, scholar and writer on the topics of American Islam, Black Nationalist groups, heterodox Islamic groups and modern occultism.
    Murad Wilfred Hofmann – NATO official, converted from Catholicism[120]
    N
    Nathan Ellington – English football player[121]
    Nicolas Anelka – French football player[122]
    Nuh Ha Mim Keller – Islamic scholar who converted from Catholicism to agnosticism to Sunni Islam.[123]
    O
    Olu Dara (born Charles Jones III in Natchez, Mississippi[1] on 12 January 1941) is an American cornetist, guitarist and singer
    Omar Bongo – Gabonese, President of Gabon.[124]
    Omar Hammami – American-born member of the Somali Islamist paramilitary group al-Shabaab. Known by the nom de guerre Abu Mansoor Al-Amriki.[125]
    Omar Pasha – Ottoman general who converted from Serbian Orthodoxy.[126]
    Omar Sharif – Egyptian actor who converted from Catholicism.[127][128]
    P
    Peter Murphy – vocalist of the goth/rock group Bauhaus who converted from Catholicism.[129]
    Poncke Princen – Dutch soldier and human rights activist who converted from Catholicism.[130]
    Preacher Moss – American comedian who converted from Baptist Christianity[131] American comedian and comedy writer.[132]
    R
    Raghib Pasha – was a Greek Ottoman politician who served as Prime Minister of Egypt[133] and who converted to Islam from Christianity.[134]
    Radu cel Frumos – was the younger brother of Vlad Ţepeş (Dracula) and prince of the principality of Wallachia, who converted from Catholicism.[135]
    René Guénon – French Author in the field of metaphysics, who converted from Catholicism.[136][137]
    Richard Colvin Reid – shoe bomber (convicted terrorist)[138]
    Richard Thompson – British musician, best known for his guitar playing and songwriting.[139]
    Robert of St. Albans – an English templar knight who converted to Islam from Christianity in 1185 and led an army for Saladin against the Crusaders in Jerusalem.[140]
    Robert D. Crane is the former adviser to President Richard Nixon, and is former Deputy Director (for Planning) of the U.S. National Security Council.[141]
    Robin Padilla – Filipino actor.[142]
    Roger Garaudy – French philosopher who converted from protestant.[143]
    Ronald Bell or Khalis Bayyan (born 1 November 1951, Youngstown, Ohio) is an American singer, composer and saxophonist
    Rowland Allanson-Winn, 5th Baron Headley – British soldier and peer.[144]
    Rudolf Carl von Slatin – Anglo-Austrian soldier and administrator in the Sudan. Later reverted to Catholicism.[145]
    Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood – British author, converted from Protestantism.[146]
    Ryan G. Anderson – former Lutheran, convicted of charges of espionage for Al Qaeda[147][148]
    Ryan Harris- football player for the Denver Broncos[149]
    S
    Salman the Persian A convert from Christianity[150] who was previously Zoroastrian.
    Sana al-Sayegh, dean of the Science and Technology Faculty at Palestine International University, converted to Islam in August 2007. Fatah has accused its political rival Hamas of forcing the professor to convert from Christianity, a charge Hamas denies.[151]
    Sarah Joseph – commentator on women’s issues and founder of emel magazine, converted from Catholicism.[152]
    Brad Terrence Jordan (“Scarface”) – American rapper[153]
    Shah Shahidullah Faridi – Writer of German descent born to a Christian family.[154]
    Sheila Musaji – founder of The American Muslim magazine.[155]
    Silma Ihram – formerly a born again Baptist who is an Australian pioneer of Muslim education in the West, founder and former school Principal of the ‘Noor Al Houda Islamic College’, campaigner for racial tolerance, and Author.[156]
    Siraj Wahaj – Former Baptist.[157] African-American Imam, noted for his efforts to eliminate Brooklyn’s drug problems.[158]
    Snoop Dogg – Rapper, Joined Nation Of Islam.[159]
    Sonny Bill Williams – New Zealand Rugby Union Rep player(All Blacks)& NZ Rep League Player(Kiwis),[160]
    Suhaib Webb – American Islamic activist and speaker.[161]
    Suleiman Pasha – French-born Egyptian commander.[162]
    T
    T. B. Irving – An American scholar, author and translator
    Tariq Abdul-Wahad (Olivier Saint-Jean) – originally from France, former basketball player for the Mavericks and Kings[163]
    Tawana Brawley (changed her name to Maryam Muhammad) – African American woman noted for claiming to have been raped by several white men, a claim determined to be a fabrication by a grand jury. Later in life she converted to Islam.[164][165][166]
    Tekuder – Mongol leader of the Ilkhan empire who was formerly a Nestorian Christian.[167]
    Thomas J. Abercrombie – photographer[168]
    Timothy Winter – prominent British Islamic thinker and scholar, and a lecturer in Islamic studies in the Faculty of Divinity at the University of Cambridge.[169]
    Torquato Cardilli – Italian ambassador, converted from Catholicism.[170]
    V
    Vincenzo Luvineri – American rapper and the lyricist behind the Philadelphia underground hip-hop group Jedi Mind Tricks, converted from Catholicism.[171]
    W
    Wadih el-Hage born to a Maronite Christian family in Sidon, Lebanon, a former al-Qaeda member.[citation needed]
    William Abdullah Quilliam – 19th century British poet, ambassador and journalist.[172]
    Wayne Parnell – South African cricketer converted to Islam in January 2011.[173]
    Willie Brigitte – French convert to Islam who associated with al-Qaeda in Pakistan and was possibly involved in a plot to conduct a terrorist operation in Australia.[174]
    Wojciech Bobowski – raised Protestant, he was a Polish musician and translator of the Bible into Ottoman Turkish.[175]
    Y
    Yahiya Emerick – American Muslim scholar, President of the Islamic Foundation of North America, converted from Protestantism.[176]
    Yasin Abu Bakr (Lennox Philip) – of Trinidad and Tobago, under trial for an attempted coup as of 9 March 2006[177]
    Yusuf Estes – Former preacher and federal prison chaplain, converted from Protestantism.[178]
    Yvonne Ridley – British journalist, from Anglicanism. She converted after being kidnapped and released by the Taliban.[179][180]
    Z
    Zaid Shakir – American Muslim convert former Baptist to Sunni Islam, speaker, intellectual, author, Islamic scholar, and co-founder of Zaytuna College in the United States.[181][182]
    Zağanos Pasha – one of the prominent military commanders of Mehmet II (Mehmet the Conqueror) and a lala, at once an advisor, mentor, tutor, councillor, protector, for the sultan.[183]

13. afshan says:

u cheap girl u jst enjoy in diz world 1 day u hve 2 die in dozakh no 1 help u nt even ur fmly….i pray allah to get u a hard punishmnt for diz….

• sachin bhat says:

what the fuck,that differ between islam and hinduisim u,u think of urself,no one is also going with u also,and what u say to allah,allah is a mieth of islam so that u can make everyone sacred.

14. Indian Muslim says:

This website and the admin are nothing but hindu fundamentalist in Disguise. They are Anti-muslim and are trying to lure innocent and ignorant Muslims in the fold of non believers.

They are very happy when they see some muslim girl or boy is misguided and tries to convert. There are two types of people either the one who believes in ONE GOD Allah or does not. Which god will you believe in hinduism? there are more millions of God and goddess and statue. Which is nothing but a handiwork of devil to misguide humans.

Read all the holy scriptures with open mind and without prejudice rather then believing in what people say and check for yourself which holy book is from GOD. I can bet you will find it in Al Quran

15. Vikas mourya says:

Hello,

It felt nice that you heard the voice of your heart and I know Hindu religion of the ……… it’s not because i am a Hindu so I am saying all this to you.

Let me tell you my story which is true. I am a Hindu but many ups & downs came into my life.

Even being an Hindu I never did pooja an time in my life, never read Geeta, never went to any temple and my parents never forced me. They always taught me that god is one only. We people have divided it by Bhawan, Allah, Jesus, etc, but they are all one.

By getting influenced by Muslim people, my friends, they all said such things that I should get converted to Islam ………. After getting covered to Muslim I used to enjoy roaming with Muslim peoples, going on fights and etc ……

But when an Muslim said that Allah is the biggest god then I realized what my father said that all gods if it’s Bhawan, Allah, Jesus, etc, all are one. They told me that I am a Muslim so should not play holy, celebrate diwali or any Hindu festive.

I thought in I my mind that why I can in this religion which does not respects other god. Which thinks that it is the greatest religion in world. Who thinks that only Allah is the all might god …………… I really missed my birth religion which never forced me to do any thing, which respected all religion, gave respect to all gods ……… The joy of playing with colors, celebrating diwali ……… Where my parents never forced me. They gave all the freedom even after converting to Muslim. They never told to me any thing because they said all are the same. But really they felt bad inside ………

I told all this to my school teacher who is a Christian. He suggested me that I should listen to my heart. I listened my heart and it said “All God’s are one.” They is what my religion said and even my father said.

And so now “I am an Hindu” and “I am proud to be an Hindu.”

HINDUISM IS THE BEST RELIGION IN THE WORLD ………………

16. Mavra says:

Your dad was wrong, not all Muslim men are like that. I’m a girl from Pakistan and my father doesn’t force me to wear hijab, or not talk to Non-Muslims and he works hard all day to earn money so that me and my sister can get a good education.

• hindu says:

you are right and taslima nasreen had told christian wife of imran khan (cricket captain of pakistan) not to marry a muslim and get ruined…words of bangladesh writer taslima nasreen came true

17. Saad bin tariq says:

My simpithy is vd u sister but u went out of the way..inaddition ivl set myself a role model and then I will grown up my Muslim family and I vl never marry a non Muslim girl it will b clamness in both families.Allah Pak hamari reh’numai fermain..

18. Muslim says:

You r a liar, Dont talk rubbish about islam and muslim, I am a muslim and i am proud of my religion, I respect all religions as my religion says me to do that. So gain some knowledge.

19. Aisha says:

I’m a devote muslim and I’m very saddened to read about all the pain that growing up in our religion has caused you. Religion should bring you happiness and closeness to God, not oppression and pain. Your father really did bad to you and your mother, there’s no excuse for this kind of behaviour.
    I’m happy for you that you have found a path that works for you and that makes you happy. Bless your heart and may peace be upon you.

20. J Alexander Lloyd says:

Wow. What can I say? A beautiful story of following one’s conscience. I applaud you! Nothing is more nobler.

As an atheist who studied religion and philosophy, some of the comments left here support my belief that no matter what religious or non-religious perspective one adopts, rigidity of thought, callousness of heart, and narrow-minded bigotry (sinister and evil) are found universally among humans.

And so here today is my proclamation of eternal truth:

You’ve heard it said, “Be a slave to God,” but I tell you, if you’re a slave to God, you’re still a slave. Be free.

21. ram says:

very good… now u live happily as a hindu…
    take care,,, and remember sab ka malik ek hai…

22. Anna says:

i wish u would have used ur head a lil bit on reading the translation of Quran rather than getting info out of people!!! like all ur five fingers are not equal all people inevry community are not angels!!! =S i hope Allah SWT guides you back to the right path but for that u need to use some brains and consult more scholars rather than sticking to what ur dad did and what the maulvi sahib said :S Your queries are very much answerable ..but if uve really got the guts then look for more information and you’ll get to know unless you went to continue with your self justification process ……..

• Murad says:

I wish you you have the common sense to understand and accept that somebody has made a decision based on the events and experiences in there life.

instead of criticsing that you should be happy for them. You know very well how closed minded the muslim society is. It is not uncommon for socalled scholars to refuse help or siding with females. Why do you think muslim women seek civil divorce rather than islamic? because it is difficult and nearly imppossible to obtain. Males do controle the muslim culture and women do enjoy a second rate status. This is fact. Many families are very controlling and fathers and sometimes even mothers very strict and blind in their ways. More occupied with what people think rather than whats right. Maybe you should educate yourself or stop denying the reality we live in. You have not walked in her shoes. So you can not judge this situation.

23. The Truth says:

@ ayesha

Ayesha – do you know that you are named after the prophet’s youngest wife. The original wife was 6 when the horns prophet married her and consummated the marriage.

This is the kind of peadophile whom you worship….

And ur named after the paedophile’s prey

• khadija says:

please dont speak about shit on islam when none of you even read the quran even u how write this u became a hindu what do u want a clap from us you are an idiot , im a christian turned to islam , turned to allah one and only how can you be stupid to go to hinduism .

• Unknown says:

@ THE TRUTH..

You are clearly ignorant to the historical setting and cultural/ social norms which were accpeted during the prophets time. It was common throughout all religions and parts of the world to get married at an extremely young age.

Dont Mock or criticize unless u have evidence u back up ur claim,,, het educated and stop being so ignorant and anti-islam! islam is a beautiful, peaceful religion and if u took it upon urself to learn about it you wouldnt be talking rubbish!

24. Sri says:

Here, in many comments by Muslims, one can see arrogance or ignorance.

They must have been worried so much that this apostate was not put to death like Islamic law awards death penalty to Muslims leaving Islam.

Yes, this is all about Islam. Every thing in their own way (one way street).

There is nothing like freedom of conscience or freedom of choice or freedom of religion in Islam. Why do you think we do not see any secular Muslim majority country? Organization of Islamic countries itself declared that guidance for Muslim countries will be from Sharia law.

There will never be logic and reason in their thoughts or arguments.

If Koran says some thing, it must be true like earth is flat, heavens raised with out pillars, universe created in 2 days or 6 days or 8 days.

The big difference between the person who wrote this post and these supremacist Muslims is that the writer has conscience and Muslim-commentators do not have any feelings of humanity. They shed the concepts of reason and logic.

25. hoorab says:

dear madiha, i am very sad to hear your story you dont know what u have did what u will answer your GOD on the day of judgment read books and come to the right path again pray to GOD and he change your heart and he will turn you to the right path i will also pray for you ameen

MAY THE GOOD GOD BLESS YOU

• Imaan says:

Why are you so intolerant?

Surely if you think islam is the path for you, then you should respect that Madiha believes truly and wholly, that hinduism is the right path for her. Why threaten her with judgement day and criticize her choice? What if christians or jews came and said that to you.2Oh Hoorab, you dont know what shameful and sinful life you lead as a Muslim. if only you would come to the right path of Christianity/Judaism then you will be forgiven and blessed”. I bet you will not like it. Same way Madiha does not need your narrowminded comment. Support or shut up. Only those weak in deen feel threatened when a Muslim converts out of Islam.

26. In the name of Allah who is most beneficient and merciful.
    As we know that every child born as a Muslim (Al Qur’an). I think it is her father who can be blamed for this grave situation. The first school for a child is his/her beloved mother.The mother is the first person who can make understandable to her children about the true religion which is only Islam, but the mother here is hindu. So what can anybody expect on her? Her father fallen in love and got married with a hindu girl. It is totally prohibited in Islam to do marriages with the non-Muslims until you convert them in Islam. If he/she is agree for that you can marry, otherwise don’t do this sin. The girl who converted as hindu was basically living a life of hindu religion because of her hindu mother who never accepted her husbands religion. And it is the fault of the man who couldn’t follow the teachings of Islam especially about marriage(Nika). He married her without converting her and after that he saw the situation. So don’t blame anybody, it was Allah’s will who punished the man who couldn’t follow His teachings.Allah punished him by taken away his non-Muslim wife and daughter too. I think he should bow his head and pardon to Almighy for the same and look forward to be good Muslim and arrange for new Nikah who should be a true Muslim. May Allah Peace Upon our beloved Prophet Mohammad (SAW) and peace upon all true Muslims.Aameen

• SSK says:

dear tanveer mother of saif

you are right that woman went into wrong direction and also her mothers background of hinduism influence to dramatically attracted to hinduism let her go to hell fire and she will start tasting fire from this world to the world hereafter

what she claims about hinduism is nothing itz mythology its not a religion and there is no evidence that there are only four heavenly religion on this earth all are such man made and the work of devils workshop and those who support this girl may be they are not muslims but sing muslim name

27. ayesha says:

I will pray to GOD that you madiha would die as soon as possible

• Dawud says:

Is that what Allah taught you when you disagree with somebody?

Thanks “sister” for being an intolerant judgemental pathetic excuse for a human being. Shame on you. May you die soon too. Ameen.

Now you know how it feels when somebody wishes you dead.

28. ayesha says:

dear ———-

very sad to hear your story u r very bad

• true imaan says:

Dear ayesha,

I am here to inform you that Hell looks forward to recieve you. Your sins include:

Intolerance
      Hate
      Narrowmindedness
      Hate
      Arrogance

All opposite of Islam. Therefore Allah condemns you to hell.

How do you like that, sister?

You don’t like it right? Now imagine how Madiha feels when you write such nonsense to her. Shame on you.

29. Sri says:

@ somna,

Well, just some semantics or platitudes are not going to conceal what your only ‘true’ religion is all fascist and supremacist.

Your own statements are proof of inherent bigotry in Islam. Even after accepting your statements as not bigotry, why not write something that emphasize it is only true religion.

30. somna says:

This is how, SATAN(DEVIL) HAS BEAUTIFIED THEIR EVIL DEEDS FOR THEM,so go on u hindues,one day all realities will b revealed,and u will b at complete loss.

• true imaan says:

Actually you will be the one lost. Judgeing from your blatant display of Intolerance, Hate, Narrowmindedness, Hate, Arrogance which are all forbidden in and opposite of Islam. Stop condemning people to Hell. You Are not Allah so dont play the judge of all other people.

31. somna says:

islam is not as depicted by u,its ur total ignrance from a true and the only true relegion,its ur badluck as u have lost all,on the day of judjmnt u will realize it,save urself bfore that horribl day would come.

• Allahs slave says:

If it is really a mistake and if it is bad luck for her, then why do you act like it is your ass on the line?

You are the ignorant one. Just look at howintolerance, hateful, vindictive and arrogant you are.Islam forbids withoiut doubt such behaviour as you show.

Allah is alive and well. You need to take His seat. You dont get to judge. Judging is like showing the world the wickedness within you.

be careful. people in glass houses should not cast stones.

• salma says:

dear madiha,i think u took that decision bcoz of lack of knowledge i m a muslim but i m doing my MBBS now no one restrict me n i m doing within islamic rule i pray 5times a day n i read Quran

32. Sri says:

@ samrah,

How much you really know about Islam and your Prophet? You can enlighten us with your tawhid and Koranic logic.

My simplest question: What does Islamic theology say on what happens after a person dies?

33. samrah says:

oh my GOD u have ruined it all for yourself….what r u going to say to God on the day of judgment ????? you should have learned all about islam before making such a big mistake because once you leave islam you can never be a muslim again dont you know that??? i just feel sorry for you may Allah show u the right path n your father should be blamed to who doesnt relly know about islam

• Allahs slave says:

No, no don’t worry, you are the one who has ruined for yourself. By judging and condeming another person to hell.

If you can’t say anything nice, then be silent. This is in hadith. Stop judging. Only Allah judges. It is her life and she may choose what is best for her. You need not agree or do the same. Live and let live.

34. Sri says:

@ Mohammad Shahzaib Siddiqui,

You want to see what Islam says on women?

Read from below:

35. JKB says:

Islam is in-heritantly hate preaching, violent, ant-peace, anti-humanity religion. This does not mean Muslims are to be blamed. Muslims are following what is written in Koran, a book filled with hate, lies and in-tolerance. Islam has killed millions of Hindus in India and abroad, destroyed their culture forced them to convert to Muslims. These 500-600 old converts (people in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh) are most dangerous on this planet. They are fighting proxy war for Arabs. These muslims need to be converted to their former religion of Hinduism.

36. Liberty says:

Terrorist, mass-murderer, paedophile, debauch, lecher, founder of the worst cult of murder ever: all this and much more, THAT is Muhammad for you, folks. No man greater than he, indeed! He could put Adolf Hitler to shame. As for the Qur’an; it is a bunch of lies, a terrorist manual, a bastardised form of the Bible fed with terror, and much more.
    All terrorists are not Muslims, right, but all Muslims (at least 99.99%) ARE terrorists. This terror cult called Islam is the last refuge of sadists and scoundrels. It is the worst form of collective hatred and parochialism ever seen on the face of the earth. The only salvation for Muslims is to come out of this filthy, stinking cult and get converted into a peaceful and rational religion, preferrably Buddhism. THAT is the only solution for a peaceful planet.

37. I want to give you some hints in which you see how Islam give a respect to woman
    1. Islam ne orat ko maa , behan , beti or biwi ka darja dia hai Is trah mashray se fahashi or uryani khatam hojati hai
    2. Biwi kay darjay mai orat ko mukamal aazadi hasil hai. us per saas sussar or mian kay behan bhai wagera ki khidmat karna us per farz nahi taham agar wo Husband kay walidain or behan bhaiyon ki qadar kary to yeh us ki meherbaani or Allah kay nazdik is ka bht ziada ajar bhi hai.
    3. Islam mai Husband ko sirf apni biwi kay sath rehne ki ijazat hai or is ki zindagi ki tamam zururiat ka bojh uthana husband per farz hai istrah orat 1 khushhaal zindagi guzar sakti hai. or agar orat khud job karna chahy to is ki Islam mai koi pabandi nahi, husband kay liye zururi hai keh wo orat ko azadi kay sath apni raqqam jahan chahe kharch karnay ki ijazat dai jab kay husband orat ki tamam zruriyat poori karnay ka paband bhi hai aap ne american maashray mai dekha hai keh oraten sirf dost ki hasiyat se hi qabool ki jati hain or beghair marriage kay apny male friend kay sath rehtin hain or jab dil chahe male friend apni girl friend ko tabdeel kar leta hai. Istrah ziada tar ladies baa-izzat tarikey se apni zindagi nahi guzar paatin. jab kay Islam me orat apny husband kay sath 1 baa-izzat life enjoy karti hain or wo husband sirf issi orat ka hota hai.
    5. Islam mai biwion kay sath bohat narmi or piyar se bartao karnay ki taqeed ki gai hai Kyoun kay orat nazuk hoti hai. Islam biwion per zehni or jismani tashadud karnay ki ijazat bilkul bhi nahi deta.
    Aap kisi aam or Islami asoolon se waqif na honay waly molvi ki bajai kisi aalim se rabta karen khasoosan aap kay mulk mai 1 bht bary aalim Zakir Naik bhi mojod hain kindly aap unki speeches or Questions Answers ko Internet kay zariye ghor se sunen or parhen or aap Molana Tariq Jameel (form Pakistan) in ki bhi speeches internet per sunenen to aap ko Islam ki azmat ka andaza hojaiga beshak Islam sab se ziada aman wala or Salamti wala religion hai jis mai 1 ameer tareen Insan se lai kar 1 faqeer tak ko barabari kay haqooq hain. or Islam mai sab se zaida zor bando kay haqooq per dia gia hai. Mai iss Hadees kay sath apni baat khatam karta hoon Iss Hadees ko samajhnay ki poori koshish karen
    “1 martaba Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W.W 1 majlis mai bethe howe thay aap S.A.W.W nay logon se pocha keh meri ummat ka ghareeb tareen shakhas kon hai ? to kuch Sahaba R.T.A nay beyan kia Ya Rasool Allah S.A.W.W jis shakhas kay pass dinar (money) na ho wo muflis hoga ya jo maal-o-dolat se mehroom hoga wo ghareeb tareen hai Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W.W nay farmaya : nahi ! meri ummat ka wo shakhs muflis hai jo Qiamaat kay din iss halat mai zinda kia jaiga keh us k peeeche naikiyon kay paahar hongay or wo bht khush hoga keh aaj usay har surat mai Jannat milegi lekin jab Allah taala faisla karyga to log Allah taala se kahengain keh iss shakhs ne duniya mai hamara maal khaya tha ya iss shakhs nay duniya mai hamary sath galat salook kia tha to Allah taala us shakhs ki tammam naikiyan un logo mai baant daingain jis jis ko iss ne duniya mai sataya hoga isski paahar jitni naikian foran khatam hojaingain or kuch log Allah se kahengain keh iss shakhs ne duniya mai hum per bhi zulm kia……. To Allah taala un logo kay gunah iss shakhs kay hissay mai daal daingain…. or yeh shakhs paahar jitnay gunah le kar Dozakh mai chala jaiga….”
    Iss Hadees se sabit howa keh us shakhs nay Allah kay haqooq e.g Nammaz roza or zaati ibadat to bht ki thin lekin logo kay haqooq ka khayal na kia or Qiayamat kay din ghareeb tareen insan hogia or Dozakh mai chala gia.
    (Islam mai Bando kay haqooq ki zabardast taqeed ki gai hai)
    Sister Plz reply me after listening the speeches of Dr. Zakir Naik & Molana Tariq Jameel.
    Mai aap kay reply ka wait karonga.

• Satyajeet says:

Bull Crap

• jesus is the light says:

01. (a) maan bahan aur beti to sabhe azhabon me manate hain, magar islam me to bahan se shadi bhee karate hain, jo science ke nazariye se ghalat hai. (b) baabari kaa alam to ye hai ki vaaldain kee zameen jayadaad me bhee hissaaa bhaiyon ke mukabile aadhaa hai aur (c) kaanooni taur pe bhee do auraton kee gawaahi ko aik adami kee gawahi ke barabar maana jata hai.
      02.koi azaadi naheen hain. yahan tak ki (a) aurat ko haj ya umara bhee kisi male member ke bina jane kee ijazat naheen hai. (b) hijab kee paabandi bhee sirf aurat par ayat hai.(c) saudi arab me to caar chalane kee bhee azaadi naheen. yahan tak ki (d) shadi bhee baap kee marzi se hoti hai, maan kee ijazat ke koi mayane naheen.03. har mazhab shaadi ko sahee kahata hai saath rahane ko naheen, muslims me shadi aik agreement hotee hai aur to aur aap logon me to mataa al nikah jaisa gunaah bhee hota hai jo gunaah e azeem hai.04. nothing written (05) narami se pesh aanaa- kyaa mazaak hai? char char shadiyan karake? ya profet kee 6 saal kee bachchee se nikah karana? ya phir mataa karana aur hambistari ke baad chod dena? ya phir dubara shadi karane ke lye kisi ghair mard ke saath sulana? kyaa aap ye apanee maan ya bahan ke saath dekhenge? & finally regarding dr.akir naik, after doing his mbbs from govt money, he could have helped many sick muslims by giving them treatment but he is preaching islam from the money of arabs. do arabs allow preaching other religion in their countries? my dear friend Jesus is the solution to your questions. to avoid the fire of hell, don’t be anti christ anymore. switch over to the lord of lords…….jesus is the only way for you….just go to EX MUSLIMS ORGANISATION

• admin says:

Dear Jesus is the light,
        Do you mean Madiha made a mistake by picking Hinduism as a religion of her choice? Did Mahatma Gandhi also made a wrong choice by praying to Lord Krishna? Do you mean all, Buddha, Allah and Krishna believers, will not be saved on the Judgment Day?

38. Hindu.warrior says:

Dear Madiha, Congrats on coming out of the clutches of those demons.

39. Jay says:

Madiha you may relate to this American convert’s questions. Perhaps you’ve had the same questions, “Concerns with Islam – Thoughts of an American Convert” http://www.faithfreedom.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Concerns-with-Islam_-Thoughts-of-An-American-Convert.pdf

40. Jay says:

Dr. Naik is banned from entering UK and Canada for saying things like, “Every Muslim should be a terrorist. A terrorist is a person who causes terror.” United Kingdom Home Secretary Theresa May said of the exclusion order regarding Naik, “Numerous comments made by Dr Naik are evidence to me of his unacceptable behavior” (see Wikipedia). And this guy Dr. Naik has the right information on Islam – interesting.

41. aleena says:

I think that the fault was in your father who lacked information about true islam, you should have seeked guidance from a well known scholar who would have enlighten you about how Islam truly portraits the status of a woman. Everything that you have quoted is out of context..Contact Dr Zakir Naik who is a well known scholar in India for the right information about islam…sometimes people confuse culture with religion

42. Dee says:

I feel really bad my days and nights are so long my partner views islam higher than me. After all I am a Hindu and a kafir in her eye. I live to support her and my 3 kids. I wish I die, I cannot be happy my immediate family or hers. What is there in life to live for. I suffer from asthma and each tray I hope I will have a big attack and die. I ask myself am I a kafir was I so low. No my mum tells me I am a brahmin. I see my pain and urge all Muslims and Hindu to never get involved in a relation it only ends up in pain. May be not straight away but eventually. You fell like during when this happens. I feel like taking my life but find it hard because of my 3 boys smallest being 10 months. Why is life so hard. All communication has broken down, what is there to look in life apart from death, I can’t wait. I would like to go before my mum and dad so they can cremate me, I can then be free. What a life of lies and misery, don’t put yourself through this. Should I leave her, I feel I can’t due to the kids shoud i die, this is easier please help me

Reply at http://www.interfaithshaadi.org/blog/?p=335

43. Rita says:

This very sad story but not a unique event. If you are dealing with people in a family situation, you can step up to the plate to help break the chain of this behavior pattern. She is brave Girl! Congratulation! I am very proud of her that she gets out from the mess. In any moment we can decide that a bad day or a relationship that’s gotten off on the wrong foot can be started again.
    We don’t reach our new goals instantly. Instead, we acknowledge the forward motion and choose to reset and start again, knowing that with each choice we learn, grow, and move forward. We need to be gentle with ourselves. Use our energy to understand and pay attention to what our self needs. Fill our lives with unlimited loving and healing energy and learn to honor ourselves on an any ongoing abusing problem. Regardless of how frustrating this can be, these are the parameters that make up our lives, and we owe it to ourselves to find a way to get out from such situation. Some time we are under pressure of an impossible to-do but you have to become your own best friend and collect the courage and get out from the abusive environment.
    Emotional pain is at the root of our tendency to withhold, and withholding causes pain to the people subjected to it. It is a dysfunctional pattern that creates a breakdown in communication and understanding.
    Way to go!!!

44. King-slave of Allah says:

Everything made so much sense. This is the beauty of the Qur’an; it asks you to reflect and reason….When I read the Qur’an further, it talked about prayer, kindness and charity. I was not a Muslim yet, but I felt the only answer for me was the Qur’an and God had sent it to me.” Cat Stevens (YusufIslam), former British pop star.

============================
    Lawrence E. Browne in ‘The Prospects of Islam,’ 1944

Incidentally these well-established facts dispose of the idea so widely fostered in Christian writings that the Muslims, wherever they went, forced people to accept Islam at the point of the sword.

45. King-slave of Allah says:

“Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images; the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?”

Lamartine, HISTOIRE DE LA TURQUIE, Paris, 1854, Vol. II, pp. 276-277

COME OUT FROM ISLAM HATERS WORLD !

• sachin bhat says:

if u have read about human greatness go and read ramayana that will teach u how god himself show the people how to live and how to live a life commen person on earth

46. King-slave of Allah says:

// Your a typical muslim who lives in myth that not a single Muslim is leaving Islam, for your kind information Muslims are leaving in large numbers and speaking out against violent cult called Islam and I am one of them.//

Many are leaving,but you are lieing…do u think u can make fool to everyone….bullshit…i can see ur plans and ideas!

// You are saying I am either Hindu or Christian and trying to create hatred, abusing Islam. You should be grateful that we ex Muslims are not killing you. This is what you Muslims do to us non-Muslims. I wonder which is more offensive.//

If Islam allowed killing,then how you are left…..You says you don;t hate….but you have only hate for Muslims.

In Every War Peoples die….If you point fingures on Muslims…then

my only question……WHY THE PAGANS WAS NOT ALLOWING PEOPLE TO WORSHIP ALLAH…?

WHAT YOU CALL THAT…Oppressing peoples,forcing and killd them Just becoz they said “there is no God,but Allah” ? WHY THEY WERE NOT GIVEN FREEDOME ?

// You said my story is good but fake, can u prove that I am fake, do u want me to put my pic to convince you that I was a Muslim, do u want me to write my contact details so your jihadi brothers kill me, do u know know according to Islam who ever leaves Islam should be killed. //

on conditions baby….on conditions….

// I am not a coward. As a matter of fact, I am very courageous. A coward is one who is afraid of bogus things, such as a monster under his bed. Muslims are cowards because they dread thinking and fear doubting the lies of Muhammad.//

atlst they are much better than RAVAN AND RAKCHAS….

// Even if you give them all the evidence that they cannot refute, at the end of the day, the only argument that they have is that you will go to hell for disbelieving. The only thing that keeps Muslims in Islam is fear – fear of Allah, the ogre in their minds. This is cowardice. //

No…this shows we care for you….and giving proof…..ha ha ha ha ha hahaha

such proofs which you never understand…..YOUR EACH AND EVERY STATEMNT CONTAINS CONFUSIONS.

Didn;t lord Krishna said…who ever will die in war,will go to heaven…the same thing is said by Allah…then you point fingures…!

// Muhammad’s orders to kill those who oppose Islam is clear and there is no dearth of fools who do not hesitate to follow that mad man’s instructions. //

ha ha ha ha ha Great Lies….

// I would be a fool if I put my life in danger when I am fully aware of this sad reality. //

don;;t worry,i know you are not real!

// Muhammad was a coward. Do you know that despite encouraging his foolhardy followers to defy death and valiantly fight and bring the spoils for Allah and his messenger, he never took part in a combat in person? Muhammad never fought personally, not even when he was twenty years old and all his uncles took part in the war of Sacrilege in Mecca. All that coward did in that war was to collect the arrows during the ceasefires. In all his wars he would stay behind his men, wearing, not one, but two coats of mail that would make him so heavy that he needed assistance to walk. In this state, he would grab a handful of dust, throw in the direction of his enemies and curse them. That was all this coward did when waging wars. War is a misnomer. He launched ghazwas (raids). //

Use ur words,Why you are using Shamouns words…!

your words said about you….

YES,You are a Lier…! thats what you all do!

bytheway…..read What they say !

\======================================

Thomas Carlyle in ‘Heroes and Hero Worship and the Heroic in History,’ 1840

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

“A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world, the world’s Maker had ordered so.”

=========================================

A. S. Tritton in ‘Islam,’ 1951

The picture of the Muslim soldier advancing with a sword in one hand and the Qur’an in the other is quite false.

Mahatma Gandhi, statement published in ‘Young India,’1924.

I wanted to know the best of the life of one who holds today an undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind…. I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet the scrupulous regard for pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the second volume (of the Prophet’s biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of that great life.

Michael Hart in ‘The 100, A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons In History,’ New York, 1978.

My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world’s most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the secular and religious level. …It is probable that the relative influence of Muhammad on Islam has been larger than the combined influence of Jesus Christ and St. Paul on Christianity. …It is this unparalleled combination of secular and religious influence which I feel entitles Muhammad to be considered the most influential single figure in human history.

Lawrence E. Browne in ‘The Prospects of Islam,’ 1944

Professor Alfred Kroner who is one of the world’s most famous geologists

“Thinking about many of these questions and thinking where Muhammad came from, he was after all a bedouin. I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years with very complicated and advanced technological methods that this is the case.

;)

47. Dee says:

This is not a forum of anger and untruths, people speak from the heart about experiences they have had. Why do the Muslim people have to retaliate in a such a volatile manner. You show little compasion or regard of others culture by you comments. It is people like you that create fundamentalist ideas and polute the fabric of society. Why can’t Muslims accept hindu’s, after all if you were in need of blood you would gladly take it without asking the question what faith did it come from; so why don’t you offer the same humility to Hindus. This is because of bigoted views about all faiths being evil. I have suffered a lot and am still suffering but I am glad I am not twisted like you. Think about you views, you are a human being like me.

48. kingslaveofallah says:

hmmmmmmmm

// ou are saying you dont hate hindus but at the same time you insult and abuse their religion,you see there you are ,muslims cant defend their beliefs so they accuse other and insult and abuse other’s beliefs.//

yes I DONT HATE THEM AS THEY R TOO CREATION OF ALLAH SWT.

TOTALLY CHRISTIANS WAY.

EVEN IF IM INSULTING.THEN WHY YOU ARE NOT COMING WITH THE PROOF THAT KRISHAN DIDNT HAD ILLIGAL SEX WITH RADHA.

THIS IS UR BASTARDS TRICK.YOU WILL NOT PROOVE URSELF BUT POINT FINGURE ON ISLAM.

YOU WERE BLIND OR FOOL.DID YOU VERIFIED UR PARENTS WORD ITSELF ?

defently not.and stop speaking shamoun and ali sina words.speak ur own words.

yes you are a lier.